Military Vehicle Rally, Memphis, TN July 27

From: ddoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 08:01:02 PDT

The Mid-South Chapter of the MVPA would like to invite you to attend our 2002 Rally on July 27.

Our new location this year is the Mid-South Fairgrounds, Shelby County building. Yep, this building is air-conditioned, and yep, its big enough to accomodate any size HMV likely to attend (C-47s and Destroyers would be a problem though!).

Move in starts on Friday the 26th. There will be a free tour of Memphis Equipment Friday from 1 to 3:30. You MUST register in advance for this tour.

Friday night at 6:30 there will be a Dutch treat dinner at Dino's Grill, a Italian American resturant owned by a MVPA member and decorated with WWII memorbilia.

Admission is 5 bucks, vehicle registration 15 dollars for the first one, 1 each after that.

There are still vendor tables available at 30 dollars each (which includes admission). If you plan on renting table space I urge you to go to our website, and print and mail in a registration form so we are sure to have tables for you.

Literally next door there will be a gun show, and across the parking lot is the Libertyland theme park.

Last years event (only the second we had, and the first with vendor spaces) had 40+ vehicles and 50 or so vendor spots, and this years looks to be even bigger.

A local group of professional quality model builders will be a having a military model contest as well, and a local ham radio group will be operation a special event station.

The Vietnam veterans group will be bringing there replica of the wall.

For more information visit our website:
http://www.members.aol.com/midsouthrally

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Sincerely,