Tops at Weare.....

From: Ron (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 09:13:00 PDT

     At Weare I will have a used green vinyl top for a 5 ton available. I
bought it from a vendor on the list who said it was a deuce cover. I had a
lot of the stitching redone cause it was pulling out and replaced two of the
roll up buckles that were missing. It has some ingrained rust spots on it
from somewhere in it's service life. Unfortunately, I didn't measure it when
I got it or try to put it on the truck before sending it out for repair,
which went from a $50 quote to an $82 bill. It has the green poly ropes all
around and at both ends. I figured out it wasn't the right one last Thursday
when I went to put it on for the GMMVC Rally and found out my truck must
have shrunk or the top was too long. Has 5 buckles per side that don't come
any where close to the spacing on a deuce. Looks just like a M35 cover when
laying on the ground, but not on the truck. Easy mistake to make.
    I got $172 into it, you can own it for $150.

    Also, the Great Hankzoid asked me to tell ya'll that the BSNIBNI (Brand
Spankin New In Box, Never Issued...pronounced Bee-Snib-Knee) M36 Camo Vinyl
Cargo cover kits ( includes 7 metal bows, 14 corner peices, 14 staves,
hardware and the cover, in a custom made, lovingly handcrafted, wood crate)
he owns are available for delivery at Weare for $325 each if pre orderered.
He paid $ 362.748750 each, so this is your chance to (almost) steal one.
They could be modified to fit a deuce with a little work ('little' being a
subjective type of weasle word). He outbid RAM, Charlie Adams, Memphis,
Richard Greene and me to own these puppies, but when the dust settled, I was
the one who helped HIM haul them home.

    Let me know offlist if you want any of the above deals consumated at
Weare. Or if you want to hear about more deals where we have "consumated"
ourselves....
    Ronzo