Re: [MV] F-250

From: INDUSTELE@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 12:23:07 PDT

In a message dated 7/15/02 1:54:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk writes:

<< Anyone any idea of the variants of the F-250 used by any military forces?

Jim, I know of at least two versions of the FT-250. The first ones used
during WWII, and I can NOT give you dates or model designations; but they all
had double 1" shock mounts, bolted together with a spacer/retainer deal. I
do know that the A, B and C versions of these mounts were like this. I have
also examined a "K" model of the FT-250 as in FT-250-K, with a build date of
1952 had a single 1-1/2" rubber mount seperating the two halves.

The earlier ones also had a different mounting point clip, the little "ear"
for lack of better term. The early ones had a short clip turned out at an
angle that just cleared the side of the mount. This allowed the big round
spring retainer to slip behind and spring shut when the handle was closed.
The later "K" model had a longer "ear" that stuck straight out to enable
other type radio clip mountings to attach to the mount. I don't know if they
would accept the early ANGRC 3 series radios or not. But the ear was made for
that type spring clip.

I hope this helps answer your question. Tom Campbell - Birmingham, Alabama