m37 oil line

From: Blue Presley (blue928@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 11:57:41 PDT

I have a 62 m37 with the original engine. I have an service manual written
in 1948. the book shows a completely different distributor than what's with
mine and infers that the oil pump is external and part of the distributor
housing. am I reading this right? in the engine in mine i can see the oil
line coming out of the left lower wall of the engine (looking foward, sittin
in drive seat) and I assume that this is an internal pump. are there two
slighly different engines for the m37?

blue