Request for USMC markings on deuce

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 10:28:55 PDT

A friend of mine (he was a former Marine) wants to know how to paint his
deuce too reflect a USMC truck in Viet Nam, circa 1965-1969. My vague
recollection was the truck was just one color...Marine corp green, this was
slightly darker than the Army's and with yellow lettering... course memories
play tricks after 30+ years, even though I saw a lot of USMC (Viet Nam
bound) equipment on the docks and in the compound while at Oakland N.S.C.
and T.I., but I just can't remember the details now. So was it really
yellow lettering?

Any help you could offer this guy would be appreciated.

As always, thanks in advance.

Jack