Re: [MV] Fw: [MV] e-bay vendor warning - UPDATE!

From: Dave Brubaker (b52d@piace.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 19:32:59 PDT

I took the advice of one of the listers (sorry but I can't remember who) who
suggested I contact somebody on this guys feedback who had offered positive
feedback. I did this and received an answer complete with name and address
from his shipping label. I then went to the home page of the town he lives
in and found a bulletin board and asked if anybody knew this guy, just
posted a general message to the board. Also called the police department
and asked if they new anything about him, they were not much help but I made
the effort.

I then sent a note to him with his own contact information that I had
discovered, so that he knew that I was aware of how to contact him. I
included a hint that this was a small portion of what I had discovered about
him. I mentioned that all I really wanted was what I had paid for already.

Two days later I get a response, the first since he took my money, which
stated the package was in route and he included a ups tracking number as
proof.

Who knows maybe it was a small town and word got around that somebody was
asking about him.

Maybe this will help others who might have a similar problem.

David & Donna Brubaker
Member MVPA #18115
M-151A2
http://www.piace.com/~b52d/