Re: [MV] a question about military suburban

From: Ed Kirkley (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 06:05:14 PDT

Hi Jim,

Not to be a wet towel but are you certain that it's a suburban and not a
M-1009 Blazer? It sounds like the Blazer that I have, a 1984 model and from
my experience it's a great vehicle. The engine, (6.2 liter diesel), runs
just fine and the four wheel drive has given me no trouble so far. Mine is
a "daily driver" so I'm putting some miles on it. So far just normal
maintenance with a couple of small problems that the guys on this list
helped me with right away. You should have a lot of fun with it. I'd check
it over real closely for rust and pull outward on the door handles with the
doors closed to see if they move much. Loose outside mirrors are also a
pain. I looked at many different military Blazers before I found mine and
it was worth the time and trouble.

Best of luck,

Ed Kirkley KG4OUJ
MVPA 18977