Woodsons Bridge and quote

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 20:35:57 PDT

First, anybody here coming to Woodson's bridge this year? We're thinking
about getting a convoy together for part of the trip up north... might be
kinda fun. Stay tuned for more details on this.

Next:

When asked about arming airline pilots, a wonderful public representative of
this state recently said,
"Their job is to fly the plane, not get in some shootout with a passenger."

My humble logic:

A shootout takes at least 2 people with guns last time I checked.
Therefore, if the pilot didn't have a weapon, then the only person/s with a
weapon would be the terrorist/s and assuming the objective is to seize
control of the aircraft.....that brings us to the next step of logic. Guess
who will be flying the plane next and guess who will be out of a job?

Parting shot, pun intended: In the event of such an attack, I can only hope
that the plane is loaded with certain congressional representatives. All
the ones that voted against arming pilots.

Jack .... from the left coast