Removing and Re-installing M35 Canvas tops

From: Mark Ehle (EhleM@catc.k12.mi.us)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 10:03:24 PDT

Hi, Folks -

I have been really enjoying driving my M35 during the summer with the
top off and the windshield down. It is more fun then riding my dune
buggy. Even my wife enjoys it, to the point that she says that I can
trade the buggy for another MV of some sort. I am thinking of a mule,
maybe. Anybody wanna trade?

But - now it is time to put the canvas top on the truck again, and I
find that I can't get the canvas to go into the little channel that is
on the top of the windshield. Does anybody know any tricks to this? I am
thinking that some silicone lube might help.

Help!

Mark Ehle
AMG M35-A2
Dowling, MI