More Info, '39 Ford Army Ambulance

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 18:01:54 PDT

Thanks to Jim Gilmore who told me where to look and a friend who lives
nearby, I've got Ford
1.5 ton Ambulance photos coming from Henry Ford Museum.
  My luck--they skip my year--but ANY similar
Ford holds information. They have a picture of a '36 Ford 1.5 ton Army
Ambulance. It then
skips to '40 Ford 1.5 ton Army Ambulance. According to my friend, some
of these photos
say "Transportation Engineers", a company that modified many Ford trucks
way back when.
  Also, the wonderful folks at TACOM were nice enough to research my
army ambulance with
Aberdeen Proving Grounds Records (no record), AMEDD US Army Medical
Department
at Fort Sam Houston (no record). Their conclusion: these Army
Ambulances were only used at the hospital level, making them different.
  It may seem odd after all these years of research, but this 1939 Ford
1.5 ton US Army
Ambulance is for sale. Contact me off list
if you'd like to restore a one-of-a-kind US Army
vehicle.
  Don