CUCV tranny crossmember spacers, WTFs the difference!

From: rock1@mindspring.com
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 22:22:46 PDT

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and advice. Between the correct
TM references (thanks Kenneth E., your personal thank you was bounced back)
and the actual HOW TO information (thanks Gene P, always on-target advice),
the brain-work part of the job was easy.

I just spent a week pulling two sets of drive shafts, transfers, and
trannies; cleaning, painting and replacing parts, and paying $200 to have
DRMO and/or GL forklift damage to the drive shaft fixed (re-tubed). Now
the pick-up is going back together. I think that I have everything under
control, except one.

The -20 say something like "..before removing the transmission cross
member, check the position of the spacers." I have three CUCVs and all
three have the cross member bolt spacers in a different position, but the
cross members are all sill in contact with the frame rail on both sides.
Are they all wrong? Which one is right? And why does it matter. Does
anyone know, for certain, what the transmission cross member mounting bolt
spacer position is on the M-1009 Blazer and the M-1008A1 Pickup. Much a-do
about nothing, or does it really matter?

Please respond today, I want to take a Sunday drive in my fully functional
and restored CUCV. Then I can start running around for parts to finish
some of the other OD stuff.

Anyone have any spare CUCV BII for give-away, sale, or trade?

Sgt. Rock's Motor Pool

3 M-35A2s Duce and a halfs
2 Hoisting units (the poor man's Duce wrecker)
2 M-1009 CUCV Blazers
1 M-1008A1 CUCV Pickup Truck
1 Willys DJ-3A
1 Willys CJ-2A Basket case
1 Willys M-38 flat fender body of unknown year.
3 M-1022 Dolly Sets /shelter mobilizers
1 M-820 Dolly Set /shelter mobilizer
2 8' connexs
1 S-530 A/G Electronic Equipment Shelter
Other OD and Tan stuff