[MV] CUCV crossmember spacers.

From: Ted Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 07:02:14 PDT

There was an e-mail a short while back regarding the crossmember that supports
the transmission/transfer case assembly and the spacers located where the
crossmember and frame bolt together.

In my case, I only have 2 spacers on one side that do nothing but takup the
extra length of the bolts. The other side just has short bolts. Didn't give
it a thought
until the email.

I'm thinking now that I should have an additional set of spacers at the
missing side
and they should be placed between the crossmember and frame, effectively
dropping the rear of the transmission/transfer case.

I understand that it would be best to check the u-joint angles at the
axle and the transfer case rear output to see if the angles cancel out as
they should
and go from there.

TM 34 shows the spacers just taking up bolt length, while the TM 34P
"seems" to show the spacers between the member and frame.

Anyone know for sure if the the added drop via spacers are what there
should be?
Are BOTH the Blazer and pickups setup the same way?

Why my fuss: canceled u-joint angles = quiet and longlived drive shaft and
joints.

Thanks all!
Ted.