Re: [MV] Towing a M35?

From: Dave Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 11:52:44 PDT

I towed my M51 dump truck loaded with 5 extra wheels and tires in the bed with my 78 GMC 1 ton dually with a 30,000 gvw tandem dual axle gooseneck
trailer.

An M35 would be a walk in the park compared to pulling the M51 which weighs about 23,500 lbs unloaded.

The trick is to get the right trailer with good brakes, and a decent truck in good condition with a big enough engine and a sufficiently low rear axle ratio.

I've also towed a 73 IHC 2 1/2 ton farm truck and a M200 dual wheel generator trailer on the same gooseneck trailer behind the same 1 ton truck. That was
an easy pull. Gas mileage goes way down but it works. Right about 5 mpg with the M51 in tow.

Dave