Re: [MV] Steering Assy "oil or grease"?

From: Gundocmike (gundocmike@okplus.com)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 12:32:19 PDT

In the left front wheel well, you will find the steering assy. There is a hex cap and a screw with a
nut around it. Back the nut off then tighten the screw until it bottoms then try turning the
steering wheel. You should notice it is much tighter,"unless your worm gear in the assy is just worn
out too much, then you will need a new steering assy. If the steering is tightened the back the
screw out about 1/4 turn then reapply the nut. The hex cap, I think, is where you add grease or oil
(wish I knew which and how much).
Hope this helps,
Mike