M38 fuel pump adapter?

From: Mike and Cheryl (mleaton@netins.net)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 20:15:55 PDT

I have a 1951 M38 Jeep. Original L4 engine. I had
it rebuilt and am trying to final assemble. The original
fuel/ vacuum pump will not fit, it hits the motor mount.
I was told there is supposed to be an angled adapter
against the block and the fuel/vacuum pump mounts to it.
I can't seem to find one of these adaptors. Does anyone
have one for sale used good or new? Or do I have the
wrong fuel pump. The motor mount has a notch cut in
it for the side of the fuel pump (I think that is what it is for).
I can't find it in the ORD9, in a picture I think I found the
part number, but don't have it with me.

Thanks
Mike in Iowa
mleaton@netins.net