CUCV 1009 Battery Problems

From: Stu Ellis (stuellis@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 12:17:35 PDT

Here's a curious one.
Gen#2 went bad and I had it rebuilt. I put it back in the truck and it
seems to work ok(volt meter is where it should be now). I came out next
day, and when I went to start it, front battery (charged by #1 gen) was dead
and only showed it was putting out 8 volts (shorted out internally?) and
truck would not start. I put in one of my spares and truck started right up
and everything seemed ok. I drove the truck around for a couple of days
with no problems. Today when I went to start it in the morning, same
problem. Front battery only putting out 7-8 volts and truck would not
start, everything dead. Put another spare battery in and has run ok. I had
left key in ignition overnight last night, and I think it was left in
ignition the other day also. Key was in off position both times though. I
never had these problems before gen#2 was rebuild. Any ideas????? I don't
usually believe in coincidence and it's starting to get expensive.

                 Stu
Southern New Hampshire, USA
"Live Free Or Die"

MVPA #14790 MVMVC