Re: [MV] M35 Tug-Of-War...

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 02:53:31 PDT

I would try to avoid a chain or cable as they aren't very forgiving. A
quality vehicle recovery strap is rated at 40,000# and would probably be
appropriate. As an avid off roader, I swear by straps and have them ion
every vehicle I own. Regardless of its correctness I always have my 6" strap
in my deuce. I've used it to pull everything under the sun. Want to stop
real quick in a deuce? Anchor the strap to a tree and get a good run with
15' of slack in the strap. Because the strap stretches, you can do this
without damaging anything but the tree you're trying to take out. Sometimes
the tree just doesn't budge though. I'll stand down from peddling the merits
of straps now! One last thing I'll say, in the world of off road recovery
you simply can't be effective without lots of straps, clevises, and snatch
blocks.

Kenneth Engle
Loxahatchee, FL U.S.A.
AM General M-35A2