M35 turbo or not to turbo

From: Randy Wilson (RWilson@RBMG.com)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 04:36:16 PDT

I am getting ready to make my first military vehicle purchase and I have a question, I have the option of getting a M35a2 with or without a winch, the one without a winch has a turbo and the winch truck does not. Anyone have any input about this? The gentleman I am buying the truck from seems to be very knowledgeable and he told me the turbos were really only applied to reduce smoke and horsepower gains were low like 10 -20 HP. What do you all think I should do? Also anyone know where I can get a .50 ring mount and a static 50 cal gun for my new truck?

Randy