Auto Battery Chargers

From: Rich Sherman (richs@volcano.net)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 08:18:52 PDT

Hi List,

I seem to have the worst luck with these damn 'auto' chargers. Over the
weekend I had one of those 'EV Warrior' (see them on eBay) 24 volt auto
chargers boil a couple of batteries dry on my mutt. There were brand new
2HN's. Ouch. This is the second time I've had the problem. The first time, I
had a good quality automatic charger on my genset batteries. The
instructions said to leave it connected, will not over charge. Yeah, right.

The only thing I found that seems to work is the Solargizers, if the
equipment is outside. I bought a few of them for my trucks and no problem,
yet.

What are others using to keep their batteries in good shape?

Powerless in hot Calif,
Rich