Machine Gun dimensions

From: Bill Kealey (bkealey@friend.ly.net)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 21:40:44 PDT

Would anyone on the list have drawings that would show fairly accurate
outside dimensions of any .30 or .50 cal. machine guns that would be
suitable for a M-38-A1? I am planning on building a non-firing copy of one
for my Jeep and really don't know where to find the specifications. I want
it to look right and am not sure of what m.g. would even be the best one to
use.

I guess, first of all, I should ask, did the USMC have machine guns mounted
on the M-38-A1.

If not, would anyone have any suggestions for what weapons would look right
(nifty or spiffy) on this vehicle?

As always thanks for your help,

Bill Kealey
MVPA # 24623