Ignition transformers on M274

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 19:49:13 PDT

Some time ago I got a M274 that had the upgrade kit on it (wide wheels and
tires,electric start, alternator, fenders, etc.), it also had ignition
transformers between the mag. and the sparkplugs. I don't remember the mules
having them, at all. I believe they may have come off a gen. set with 2AO42
engine. They bolted to the heads. The leads back to the mag. were different
than the standard mag./plug wires. This mule did not have the mag. with it.
Is there a special mag. that went with these transformers?

What say you gen. set experts? Is this part of a special electronic ignition
kit?

If any body needs more info., I'll go get them and send all the numbers. I
took them off and used standard M274/2AO42 mag.

Thanks,
Keith