Display your Vehicle...Get toether

From: Dave Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 11:53:28 PDT

Fellow List Members, Hi
I have forwarded the preceding email to the list in hopes some of the
listers would like to bring out there iron and meet some of the Northern
California list members and show there vehicles.
For those who do not know the National convention for the Military Vehicle
Preservation Association Will be at Alameda point in Alameda California next
year 2003 at pier 3 on and around the USS Aircraft Carrier Hornet CV-12.

Dave Ball
vought@msn.com

MVCCers,
August 12, 2002

   We have been contacted by the people planning and presenting the 75th
Anniversary of the Oakland Airport show on September 28th and 29th. They
saw our display at the Moffett Field Show and were very impressed with the
display itself and the individuals present in uniform and would like to make
the MVCC an important part of the Oakland show. Rather than solely have us
as a static display they would like to have us located at specific points
around the show and as an integral part of the show itself. Some of the
tentative plans have vehicles coming in aboard a C3 and offloading as they
might have in an actual combat theater. I have asked about staying onsite
for our own security and they are checking into facilities for us.

The importance of this event and the potential for us in our upcoming 2003
MVPA show are tremendous. Visibility here will put us on the radar screen
in the Bay Area and can't help to bring awareness of who we are and what we
do in the MVCC and MVPA.

The Airshow will be taking place on the runways at the Old Oakland Airport
and because of the current situation their security will be extremely high.
To be on a runway at an operational airport requires the consent and
approval of the FAA in addition to the Airport officials themselves.
Because of this it WILL NOT be possible to include you in the event without
preregistration. I will need to have your information to present to them
before September 1st. This means we will not have the leeway of waiting
until the next Newsletter comes out. I'm sure we'll have some late comers
and I'll do my best to get you included but the best thing to do is to
respond to me immediately. Even if you are unsure about your plans that
late in the month register and then it won't be a problem if you can't make
it. People arriving the day of the show cannot be let in due to security
restrictions. YOU MUST PREREGISTER FOR THIS EVENT.

Because we are so short on time for this show, I'd like to ask each of you
receiving this to register with me immediately and then pass it on to other
MVCCers on your email lists. Make sure to contact people you know who do not
have email capability by phone and let them know about this. I'd really
like to get 20 to 30 or more vehicles out for this event!

For those of you who plan on attending please email me with your name and
phone number, vehicle year, make, model, and plate number.

  My email address is: kurt.lesser@vsea.com

  My home phone number is (408) 238-8277. JoAnn is around to answer
questions during the day and take down your information.

Let's make this a good one!

Kurt Lesser
President MVCC