Re: [MV] M101 trailer

From: Thomas M McHugh (tmmchugh@juno.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 04:36:42 PDT

Alan,

The TB 746-93-1 & AR 850-5 both ignore the 3/4 ton trailer. They show
small trailers to have Stars centered on front & back. The sides have
Stars in the front of the fenders, centered.

AR 850-5 up to 1954 are listed as 10 inches.

In TB 746-93-1 October 1964 Show 1/4 tons with 6 inch Stars. It does
not list larger trailers, but 6 inches sounds small.

A tip to Stars without overspray. Make a Star to the size you want
by tracing the star on thin cardboard. Hold in place & tape around it
with masking tape. Cover around the masking tape with paper. Remove
soon after you paint, while tacky. Peel on angle & edges will be crisp.
   They look great.

I hope it helps.

Tom McHugh, NJ
1952 M38A1