Re: [MV] Silicone Brake Fluid in 1009

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 07:27:54 PDT

Stu,
    Usually, the front gets low as the pads wear and fluid is drained from
the master cylinder into the calipers. Rear wheel cylinders don't really
hold that much fluid, so I would not think that is the case. I've never seen
the back get really low without a leak.
    I have seen master cylinders leak into the booster, filling the booster
with the"vanishing" brake fluid. However, you have no booster. Is your power
steering system over-full or becoming noisy? Maybe the fluid could be
leaking into the steering system? I have not had the occasion to change a
hyrdaboost (sp?), so I am not sure if this is even possible. I think by it's
nature, the pressurized steering system would prevent this.

    --Neil