Re: [MV] MVPA Magazines

From: Claude W. Vaughn (vaughn@totalaccess.net)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 07:06:09 PDT

My envelope was ripped open on one end too. At least the magazines were in
good shape.

Reminds me... I need to order another copy of Military Vehicles Magazine
(issue #91) as it was shredded by the "postal service." The kind staff there
did tape it back together with their handy roll of masking tape. I guess with
the purchase all the high speed sorting equipment and budget short-falls, they
could not afford duct tape.

During the past few months we received a little over 200 pounds of mail from
various law firms due to an issue we were involved in. All of it arrived in
near perfect condition, save a small number of envelopes which were wrinkled or
soiled. Amazing... the stuff that we fling into the burn barrel look nice.
The "collector / reference" magazines arrive damaged.

Most of the redundant legal stuff came in Tyvek envelopes. Maybe the
publishers of Military Vehicle Magazine, Army Motors and Supply line need to up
the quality of their mailings. I have the same problem with Air Classics
Magazine... usually some damage. My copies of Wings and Airpower come in clear
plastic without any damage.

Stepping down, off the shipping crate...

Claude.