Axle swap on M-1009

From: Jim Zehr (jeeperjim@cox-internet.com)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 15:27:10 PDT

Hello fellow M.V.ers
Has anyone out there installed M-1008 axles on a M-1009? I know the ratio
is not as desirable due to military specs (3.03 versus 4.??) The M-1009 is
just short of 32 inches from spring pad to pad. What is the spring pad
distance on the M-1008s. I would appreciate hearing from someone that has
been involved in a similar operation.
Are there any people with spare axles or vehicles being parted out that
would have the front and back for sale. How about the 8 bolt wheels?
Any one have extras for sale?

Thanks,
Jim
jeeperjim@cox-internet.com