[MV] Body Work

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 19:00:56 PDT

I was removing rust from my Chevy tonight when I ran across what looks to
be a 'fill' at the upper corner of the drivers windshield, where the metal
is only two inches wide. It looks and feels like thick electrical solder,
very shiny when brushed/stripped. That reminded me that I still haven't
found a forum or mailing list which might answer questions on body work,
especially on MV's.
I've looked off and on without finding a site which is general in nature:
the ones I find are VERY specific about one type of welding, one type of
paint, etc. I did find this nice site about M37's etc:

http://www.bigelectric.com/gallery/

They run the VBulletin software which seems to work so well for
discussions, but they are scope locked on M37's. Does anybody have a link
for general MV body work they could post? If not, how about one for
Deuces? Currently I'm just cleaning and trying to prevent more rust from
occurring, but want to move to the next level before finishing the obvious
rust removal as some plate replacement will be in line.

Thanks for any leads

        Paul
        MVPA# 24986
        '53 REO M35 Fire Truck Conversion