M101 lunette

From: Keith Byrd (byrdhouse@netease.net)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 05:22:09 PDT

Good morning friends!!!!

Quick question! What is the dia. of the steel in a lunette ring for the
M101 or similar trailer. Not the dia. of the ring itself but the material
the ring is made of. I have a quick hitch airfield equipment hitch that the
inside was torched to make bigger for a lunette. I need to know if it is big
enough. I never wondered, but are all the lunette rings the same size for
say M416 - M105? I don't have a lunette handy that I could check. The
opening on the quick hitch is 1.75 in. In a few days I have to go after a
M116 trailer and need a pindle hitch. I figured I'd use this one since I
already have it.

As strange as it may sound (or look) this hitch came off a mule that was
used to pull civil war cannons at a state battlefield park. For maintenance
of course.

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!!
Keith Byrd