Re: [MV] FYI...Dogs not allowed at Hallsville Ohio MVSHOW!

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 11:18:31 PDT

At 1:35 PM -0400 8/22/02, Steve & Jeanne Keith wrote:

>It IS an HMV show NOT a dog show. This is very much like smoking IMHO;
>lovr me love my smoke or dog

I do have to say, based on the shows I've been to, the dogs seem far
more well behaved than the children. Dogs don't have opposable thumbs
or frontal lobes that allow them to open hatches and such on
vehicles. Dogs also, don't tend to walk off with bits of kit that you
have sitting on vehicles. One thing I like about the ferret is that
most things are high up and hard for a kid to get to. On a jeep,
that's not the case. I was surprised that a few friends at one show
didn't go ballistic with kids playing with their vehicles.

The like to turn switches, move things that are locked/latched, stand
on seats and turn steering wheels back and forth and back and forth
doing wonders for a freshly re-built steering box.

I can usually give kids a lecture with the ferret by demonstrating
the guillotine like qualities of the hatches when they close. A stick
the size of their fingers in the hatch tends to have them keep their
fingers under their armpits.

--
  Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                  |          -==----
  '60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '43 Humber MkIV (1/2)