For Sale: 1942 International M-3L-4

From: Jim Rice (ltc_rice@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 08:24:52 PDT

International M-3L-4
Year: 1942
Price: $4000
Location: Lawton, Oklahoma

View a picture here: http://home.satx.rr.com/redleg/ihc.jpg

If you are interested, read on. If not hit delete.

I am selling my 1942 IHC M-3L-4 1-1/2 Ton truck. This truck started life as
a US Navy crash truck. It was purchased by a small Oklahoma town from
Tinker AFB and used as a fire truck. During that time, the crash truck bed
was very badly butchered and eventually left more or less abandoned. A
friend of mine purchased the truck in the early 80s and did a cosmetic
restoration, replacing the bed with a cargo bed cut down from an M211.
After that, the truck was used very little before going into a local
transportation museum collection. I purchased the truck from the museum
owner in 1998. I rebuilt the brake system using White Post services for the
master cylinder and all wheel cylinders. I replaced the tires with good
surplus 9.00x20 tires. I added new cargo canvas and mud flaps. The truck
runs and drives great. The underseat fuel tanks needs boiled out and
repaired as it has alot of sludge and leaks a little bit. The side mounted
(original) aux tank is good. Paint is okay, but not really correct as it
was painted with readily available surplus semi-gloss paint in the early
1980s.

I really don't want to have to sell this truck, but due to my physical
limitations and looming medical retirement, I am forced to let it go.

If you are seriously interested, contact me via this e-mail or phone (210)
221-3254 Work or (210) 491-5957 Home. If you wish to view the truck in
Oklahoma, contact Ray Cunningham at (210) 355-7701 at work.

Jim Rice
San Antonio, Texas
http://home.satx.rr.com/redleg/ihc.jpg