New to the list, CUCV parts needed.

From: Luck (luck@qdimaging.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 14:28:46 PDT

Hello MV mailer...

I just joined the list on the recommendation of several of my friends that
belong to it already. (Jim Newton, Aaron Horrocks, Ryan Aquilar...)

I recently (yesterday) purchased a 1982 Chevrolet Suburban 4WD 6.2L diesel
with the objective being, to adapt it into more of a "M1007" CUCV stage.

Right now the engine and drive train, etc are getting a once over, but in
the meantime I'm looking to track down a seller to price me out some genuine
CUCV parts and to confirm for their purchase before I we get to the
"stripping and painting" stage of her evolution.

I know these are big heavy metal parts to ship, so the closer to Southern
California the better! I can pick up within about a 2-400 mile radius of San
Diego, CA as well. However anyone with these parts willing to sell them, no
matter where you are, a shipping estimate would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my shopping list of parts for this "conversion" for eventual use in
war games:

- M1009 Front Bumper with lift shackles

- M1008 (truck) or M1009 Rear Bumper with lift shackles

- M1009 Brush/Grille Guard

- M1009/Blazer front grille assembly with headlights, turn signals, blackout
light, slave plug etc. (Complete unit ready to "plug in" preferred. The
Suburban currently has the quad-headlight assembly and I understand that I
will lose the turn signals when I replace the stock bumper with the CUCV
version. Because of this I will need to install the "Blazer style" grille
with the turn signals located just under the headlights.)

- Pair of rear body antenna mounts for dual whip antennas.

Any help would be appreciated, or even directions to point me towards. If I
forgot to include something necessary (heard something about a "shackle
harness" from someone?) please bear with me as I figure out just what I need
to add these parts, not for 100% mil authenticity, (especially since there
was never really was an "M1007") but for a "close enough" CUCV look in its
finished form.

Thank you all so much, feel free to mail me directly at luck@qdimaging.com

Brett O'Connell
San Diego, CA