Re: [MV] Sturmtiger1944 - Virus warning

From: Edwin M. Dyer, III (sturmtiger1944@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 21:01:12 PDT

Greetings:

For the record, this infected e-mail did NOT originate
from me or my computer. I have complete, up-to-date
virus definitions ( running Nortons ) and there are
no, and I mean, no, virii on my system, at all.

I use Yahoo, a _web-based_ e-mail, and the possibility
of me sending any kind of infected e-mail is about
nil. I do not use Outlook for anything.

This e-mail address is in a number of people's address
books, many of whom I do not know. I have received any
number of infected e-mails from people I have no clue
who they are. Each and every one of these e-mails has
been defeated by Nortons, of which I can scan any
inbound e-mail attachment via Nortons on Yahoo.

Virii often spoof, and by spoof, I mean they _mask_
the true originator of the e-mail with a different
address.

I also maintain a personal firewall and no application
can get outside access to the 'net without me knowing
it. Outlook has been denied any outside access since I
don't use it, won't use it, and just about every
single virus out there likes to use it to spread
themselves. Take a hint, if you use Outlook and don't
_have_ to, don't use it. Get something else like
Eudora or Pegasus.

Once again, no virus has come from me or my machine.

Regards,

Ed

"Look before you leap."