Re: [MV] Oklahoma tag trouble

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 17:11:36 PDT

Getting a VIN from a 50 year old vehicle, esPECIALLY a MilVeh, proves
little. How often were major components swapped out without regard to
record keeping during wars? I know we did a fair bit of it in the late
70's simply to keep the dead list small. This included entire
engines. Might they consider this point? Perhaps you could show a chain of
ownership going back many years/owners... they might be willing to do so then.
Or maybe trying another DMV ( Tag? ) office? In a friendly town?

<g>