You down under guys....

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 23:12:18 PDT

Listers,
Addressed specifically to our Autralian members, I just purchased a vehicle radio control set from a company called "the Macservice Group Pty Ltd" in Clayton South Vic, Australia.
I am wondering if anyone has ever done business with them, and the results, ie good, bad, neutral.
I am also being quoted a very high shipping fee. I've shipped and received to and from Australia, and I can't recall such high rates. On a 20 pound parcel, I'm being told $80 US for surface freight, with delivery extended out several weeks. Does this sound right? I also inquired about export and import tariffs, but my questions went unanswered. The gear is of US origin.
Any help is appreciated. Anyone know the best way to ship to the US from Australia?
Thanks in advance, guys!
Jack