Re: [MV] You down under guys....

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Aug 28 2002 - 23:32:13 PDT

Jack,

I can only comment on shipping. I am trying to get a 60 lb parcel of
Weasel parts Down Under and it is looking like its cost is going to be
measured in the hundreds of dollars if I try even the slowest air method.
 I am trying for air since from personal experience surface is horribly
slow (I had one package take THREE MONTHS to arrive in Oz).
 Unfortunately, my package is over sized and over weight for the USPS to
handle, so my options are DHL or some sort of independent shipping
company specializing in that sort of freight. UPS and FedEx's air rates
were, uhm, a tad bit high.

I'd say the cost and time you were quoted are about right.

If anybody can point Jack to a better (cheaper) service, that would be
great because I would get have an alternative for my selfish needs :-)

Steve