Re: [MV] V Strut on DUKW needs lubrication?

From: william f cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 16:48:54 PDT

Tom,

The V-strut is the "bracket"m that supports the propeller shaft at the
prop. There is one fitting and it should be greased prior to operation.
EVERY TIME. THERE IS NO LUBE FOR THE PROP BEARING OTHERWISE.

SAFETY NOTE: NEVER GET NEAR THE PROP WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING OR THE
VEHICLE EVEN HAS ANYONE ONBOARD. The prop can remove an arm or your head
without so much as a hiccup.

Regards,

Frank

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 17:17:08 EDT Surplusyes@aol.com writes:
> I don't have a manual for the DUKW, but was re-finishing the data
> plates
> and noted that one section called for among other things "Lubricate
> V Strut
> (1)" . Can one of you DUKW guys tell me what this is?
> Regards

> <mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

Frank Cox (grntrks@juno.com)
MVPA 14530