who's afraid of the big bad..er...

From: Cougarjack@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 07 2002 - 02:35:04 PDT

OK folks, before anyone busts a blood vessel, think about how incongruent it really is to form the words "intelligence" and "Government" in the same sentence. I seriously doubt that this current crop of agency alphabet hounds could take anything away from anyone. Remember, we're talking the same folks who RENEWED six of the expired visas for the already dead terrorists who flew planes into the world trade center. Duh, is my donut powder showing again? Don't fear folks who get off on sneaking into your home and spying on your stuff. Pity them. Such people have no peace on this earth. If the various agents and representatives of this government are that paranoid about us, then who lives in fear of whom?
Someone mentioned that the pendulum keeps swinging back and forth. This seems to be true, and the government oversteers constantly, trying to compensate for screwups. It's always been up to "we the people" to point out these screwups, and let us never lose sight of the fact that the simple arithmetic gives us the victory every time. Perhaps it's not true that the American people are a complacent lot. We are, however, a longsuffering people, and a patient lot. When we have all had enough, again, the pendulum will begin swinging back the other way. Meanwhile, we get to laugh at all these neanderthals in their blackwall tires and powdered sugar stained ties and suitcoats. Hide in a crowd? I highly doubt it. Meanwhile, if you get rousted, busted, harrassed, or even shot and killed by the gestapo, you'll be in excellent company when you get over to the other side. No one lives forever, and everything less than death is survivable. In the words of that Klingon fellow, "Perhaps this is a good day to die." I can't think of a better cause to die for than freedom, if it is necessary. If not, these things too shall pass. No power on Earth can kill the American spirit, and now we have the chance to illustrate this, instead of whining about it. Stay under the radar, and never let them see you sweat! Now let's go do our jobs, kick some ass, and show them who really runs this country.
Jack, not in the bunker yet....but oiling the door hinges

"If one sits by the river long enough, the bodies of one's enemies always come floating by." ---Ghengis Khan