WTB - General Quarters/Battle Stations Alarm

From: Kevin Vislocky (Vislocky@prodigy.net)
Date: Sun Sep 08 2002 - 09:24:36 PDT

This is a strange request..slightly off-topic for land military
vehicles...but somewhat related... I have been looking for a Navy alarm horn
typically used on Navy destroyers. The alarm horn can be heard in many war
movies when a Navy vessel was under attack. This alarm horn sounded like
three consecutive blasts, the first short in length, the second a little
longer, the third was the longest. The series would then repeat. Does
anyone out there know what I am looking for as far as description or
designation. I thought I would try E-Bay to look for one but am not sure
what it was officially called. Don't know if they exist on the surplus or
collector market. Thanks for any help. Our list members have been a
goldmine of knowledge which is greatly appreciated!! Thank you, Kevin MVPA