Re: [MV] Who's Vehicle is it? (was: Big Brother IS watching for sure!)

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 08:38:10 PDT

> Yes, but I specifically stated that I would like an example regarding the
> sale of personal property, not real property (land, buildings)
>
> je

Sometimes computer and other equipment is sold with a 'scrap warranty', which is
an agreement that the material will be scrapped and not reused or resold. There
was a local scrap dealer who got a computer maker's scrap and trashed it all,
right down to processing the motors for copper. All you could get was aluminum
plates and bar stock.

Another time, I bought a SCSI controller and asked the maker for some switch
setting info. They asked for the serial number, and claimed it was stolen, since
they'd sold it with a scrap warranty. I returned it to the store.

-John