Re: Bantam cranes on CCKW

From: rkiser8375@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 10:28:46 PDT

FYI, my neighbor here in Colorado has a CCKW with a crane mounted on it. I think the crane was made by a local company in Denver, though. So, I'm not 100% sure if it bis all original military. I believe it is though. In any event, it has a large engine in the rear cab that drives a gigantic winch, which operates the crane boom. The front of the truck looks like a stock CCKW, though. I'll check the data-plates and take some photos if anyone is interested.

Regards,
Rob Kiser
'45 DUKW
'45 M29C x 3