Re: [MV] Who's Vehicle is it?  (was:  Big Brother IS watchingfor sure!)

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 13:06:20 PDT

>Way back..when the motor vehicles were first being put on the roads of this
>country...there was a "law"... It stated that no motor vehicle would have
>to be licensed... That it was the owners right to own and drive one.. This
>had been discussed once before here -- about 3 years ago. At that time..I
>had posted the actual law...lost it now in my old computer. We the people
>..you and I..have lost these rights we had by electing dirt bags to see to
>it that our rights are protected...Gene

Well, I for one am happy that these "dirt bags" did this. Or are you in
favor of multiple DWI offenders driving around on your streets with your
loved ones because they should have some mythical "right" to do so? I
live in a small community and we lose a couple of innocents to such
people every year. And guess what? They wonderful citizens who are
responsible for this carnage generally have prior records. It can
therefore be argued that the laws haven't gone far enough. Driving is a
responsibility and a priveledge. If the person isn't mature or
responsible enough to handle it, screw them. They should take a cab.

If everybody could drive responsibly, or cars weren't killing machines, I
would gladly agree that the rights should be left intact. But sadly the
exact opposite is the case.

Steve