Re: [MV] Philadelphia Lawyers

From: Don Kitchen (dkitchen@pobox.mtaonline.net)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 22:12:00 PDT

I have a law degree, and from a Philadelphia law school! I guess I qualify
to wade in.

In my state, operating a motor vehicle on publicly maintained roadways is a
privilege, albeit one that has been determined by the appellate courts to
have certain property rights attached. This means that the state can keep
someone from driving, but only after giving the person due process.
Generally this entails some kind of hearing before the license is suspended,
cancelled, revoked, etc.