Re: [MV] M35 Towing a ford C-700

From: Everette (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 04:11:10 PDT

Kris wrote

Do you have to have a commercial license to drive a deuce or five-ton on
highways?

-------------------------------

Let me tell you my experience in Tenn. with regards to CDL (commercial
driving license) - if truck is under 26,000 no - Unless you are driving for
hire then you should have CDL's

I have two trucks that exceed 26,000 - had big discussion about this and
after lots of wrangling here is what state came up with

I do not get paid for driving - nothing not a penny
I do not get paid for hauling - not even a cup of coffee
Trucks are not for hire

Under these circumstances trucks were considered "recreational vehicles"
thus I was exempt from CDL requirements
Everette

Still around the corner there may wait, a new road or a secret gate. Though
I have often passed them by, a day will come, when I shall take, the hidden
paths that run west of the moon and east of the sun.