M-108 / M-60

From: M35products@aol.com
Date: Tue Sep 10 2002 - 20:04:41 PDT

I have, thanks to some very helpful people on this list, located an M-108 and
an M-60 for sale. I have even convinced Mrs. Bloom that "we" need one.

Both are 2.5-ton wreckers (cranes). Both are from the mid 1950's, and are
based on we now call the M-35 type truck.

My question is: was there ever a write-up, in any of the magazines, comparing
the two trucks? I would be interested in reading any material that's
floating around out there, including operators' manuals for both. There is a
description of the 108 in a book that I have from Memphis Equipment, but no
mention of the 60.

Anybody have any info that could be shared? For instance, numbers built?
Years of production? manufacturers? Comparisons of weights, mechanical
characteristics, tools, toys, accessories? Personal experiences of former
operators? Anybody (museum, for instance) got one or more of these trucks in
restored condition that I could look at /drool over / fondle? etc.

Thanks in advance from Arthur P. Bloom

(Sorry, no urban legend/conspiracy/Islamic/machine gun/privilege content.)