Re: [MV] 9/11 from a MV

From: J. Lee (milveh@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 23:08:54 PDT

This was very well said and it only echoes my own feelings. But, I would
like to ad, if this is a war against terrorism and the Al Quaida then by God
lets have the courage to make it a declared war in Congress!

We did it before when no nation was named and we can and should do it now.
Our troops need a commitment equal to their resolve and sacrifice. If we
can't give them a declaration of war, then I fear that the so-called war on
terrorism will be like our "war on drugs" and we all know how well that
went. To say its a war and then not declare it, is half hearted, untrue and
insincere. It's just more political rhetoric. And if its not a declared war
then our politicians ought not to have the right to say it is! We should
confront them with that objection at every opportunity. Tell them to stop
lying so we can make a point how important that sort of full commitment is
to our people in uniform. Conversely, the enemy has had none of our wimpy
reservations and has most certainly and most defiantly declared war on us!

Jack

(9/11 is over in an hour, so I won't test your patience any further on this
subject)

Greetings From Freedom's Frontier! 11 September 2002