Re:[MV] Off Topic legal thread

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 08:37:20 PDT

> Since the Constitution was written to be a guideline, with the Supreme
> Court as its guardian,

Hi Steve.

        I recall learning in High School that the Supreme Court did NOT have the
right to question laws and 'declare' them unconstitutional. They
effectively took this right later... my vague memory was 50-100 years after
the US formed.. they sided with the sitting president in a case which
pitted the Pres against Congress, however said that the court reserved the
right to decide if a law was constitutional.
        I wouldn't bet the farm on this memory, but a would be a small chunk of
change.
        Speaking of which, A few listers have mentioned doing sand blasting on
their MVs. Does anyone have thoughts on the types of units available as in
hand heldish which would allow you to recover the old sand and re-use it vs
a big unit with a nozzle and you sweep/vacuum up the sand and dispose of it
after the blasting?

        Paul
        MVPA 24986
        '53 REO M35 Fire Conversion