Re: [MV] M211/M135 intake manifold

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 10:45:27 PDT

I believe that it is that particular manifold: 2 bbl four bolt larger port
version.

I have a number of GMC 270's with the smaller intake manifold and the same
exhaust manifold. None have ever cracked or been missing parts under the
carb.

I suspect that it is the design of the manifold: Trying to stay in the same
space
as the smaller ported single barrel manifold. I suspect that they made the
casting
too thin.

Originally, I had thought that maybe they did not like being installed (held
by chains)
from the front port port and the top starter bolt like I have done for years
on the
270 engines, but with all the failures that I have seen reported in here, I
must conclude
it is a design problem.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce