Re: [MV] M1009 Alternators. Question

From: Michael J. Hill (wild800@pacbell.net)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 21:31:10 PDT

David, and list,

They should be both reading at 14VDC or so. Is your back battery
cooking? Also check fusible links. The regulator may have left the
building in the one. You can get it rebuilt for around $120.00 as the
alternators are of the isolated ground type not just a run of the mill
100 amp GM or DELCO alternator. Do your Gen. lights function?? I have
the belts written down somewhere and will post them.

Regards,

Mike Hill
Kilo Golf Six Foxtrot Juliet Indians
86-M1009