Jeep Found in woods.

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 18:51:10 PDT

Hello Listers, today an aquaintance told me that when hunting near his house
in a pine forest he came across an old state dept jeep.
It had apparently broken down at some stage amd was left until repairs
arrived. But they never came... and it was left to the elements.
So late today, I went to the area he had described.
I searched for an hour and guess what, no jeep.
I searched until the light became too dim in this pine forest.
So, tomorrow I'll try again with better light.

I'll take my camera who knows it can't have been driven out.
I seems like it has been there some 10 years now.

Although I probably cant remove it whole... I might be able to salvage some
parts so that the lil' feller might donate some organs to another
salvageable jeep.
Nice thought to save part of a Willys.
Although I had no find... it was a good feeling armed with my camera and a
small potent leaded protection stick. to wander through this pine forest...
just lookin an hopin !

Maybe, tomorrow?

Shepherd Rob
Syracuse, (upstate area) NY
Protecting a small flock of early jeeps.
MB '42
MZ '44
CJ2As - 4 jeeps
CJ5 in pieces.