Re: [MV] M35 air conditioning

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 19:13:33 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "opcom" <opcom@vmsone.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 10:43 PM
Subject: [MV] M35 air conditioning

> Anyone successfully A/C'd one of these? (to Texas specifications, I mean
> when it is 100 outside, it is 70 inside.. :)

I'm so glad someone else brought up this point. I would like to add one
more option to your list. I plan to install a AC unit in a John Deer
excavator next week. I am eager to do so because I hope this type of unit
will provide some parts for the Deuce.

It has a 24 volt electrical system and the evaporator mounts to the wall.
As I install this one in the excavator I plan to take the parts and get a
general feel for possible locations on the deuce.

I believe if I put my hard top back on my truck and insulate the floor and
sides a little, it won't take a huge AC unit to do the trick. If this goes
like the rest of my truck projects, it could be weeks or months before I can
report anything to the list.

Speaking of my lack of progress, it will be another week or two before I get
caught up enough to post more pictures and info on my web site about my dump
conversion. I'm a poor time manager.

Joe Trapp